Subject: basic realtek rtl8180 functions complete; needs testing
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/25/2004 01:55:02
I'm connected using a no-name Realtek card with Philips RF section as
I type this e-mail.  Yay!

I seem to have the basic functions working.  There are some warts:

        scanning is too slow, w/ 1 second between channels: I will it
        to 100-200ms

        I'm reinitializing the card on packet filter changes

        the multicast filter is always set to a "sieve"

There are some missing features:

        no WEP
        no ad hoc mode
        no AP mode
        no rate adaptation

Works ok with an unprotected AP, though.

I will test with Maxim RF, first, fix the warts, get WEP running, then
ad hoc mode, and finally AP mode.  Finally, I may prototype a new rate
adaptation, codename ettadapt, on rtw.

I'd better go to bed before Santa comes down the chimney and shoots me
with his death-ray.

Dave