Subject: Re: ipnat.conf problem
To: Christoph Badura <bad@bsd.de>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/11/2004 22:48:53
On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 06:53:58PM +0100, Christoph Badura wrote:
> manu@netbsd.org (Emmanuel Dreyfus) writes:
> >A problem with ipnat.conf on any NetBSD version.
>
> >This setup completely screw FTP (it seems active FTP will work a bit
> >while passive FTP won't work at all):
> >map pppoe0 192.168.x.0/24 -> 0/32 proxy port ftp ftp/tcp
> >map pppoe0 192.168.x.0/24 -> 0/32 portmap tcp/udp 40000:60000
> >map pppoe0 192.168.x.0/24 -> 0/32
>
> Say what?  That has been working fine for me for years.

Yeah, "me too", up until I switched to a sparc64 NAT box, now active FTP
doesn't work at all. Of course, this issue seems to have slipped through the
cracks as I guess nobody else runs sparc64 NAT boxes and cares about active
FTP. (truth be told, I don't care about active FTP: I care about the fact
that rules that work just fine on an x86 don't work at all on a sparc64, and
it really rubs me the wrong way when I get told "oh, well nobody uses active
ftp anyway", as if that's an answer to the underlying issue :P)

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!