Subject: gem fiber interface & h/w checksum support
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/04/2004 15:32:45
with hints from Eduardo Horvath (and a few from the linux driver), I've
managed to cobble together support for the gem with a SERDES, which is
found on the Sun MMF gige PCI card (X1141A).  It's not 100% yet, but it
works and auto-negotiates with my cisco.

I am concerned about the apple version of the gem chip that is also
handled by this driver.  It seems as if that version has some nuances,
according to comments in the linux driver.  I am hoping that someone can
confirm that I haven't broken it.

so, as an incentive to try the path, I've included h/w checksum support.

	http://www.shrubbery.net/~heas/gem.tgz

warning: i have not tested vlan support