Subject: Re: NetBSD support for TKIP (aka WPA) and/or 802.11i?
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/28/2004 11:36:11
On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 10:32:05AM -0400, Steve Bellovin wrote:
> Is there any support in NetBSD for TKIP (aka WPA) security for 802.11
> networks?  I don't have to describe how weak WEP is.  Is anyone looking
> at 802.11i support?

The latest security support is in the net80211 sources that come with
madwifi (for Linux).  I don't know the state of this stuff in FreeBSD.
I don't think that porting should be too difficult.  I ask that if you
port this stuff, you do not clobber the changes that Charles Hannum and
I have made to net80211, especially not the ad hoc-mode support.

Dave