Subject: Re: ipnat ftp proxy fix yet? (ever?)
To: Sean Davis <erplefoo@gmail.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/28/2004 16:27:21
On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 07:52:24AM -0400, Sean Davis wrote:
> > Because a lot of things have changed between ipf3 and 4, and the diff is not
> > exploitable ?
>
> I think you are deliberately missing my point. FTP proxy in ipf3
> worked. FTP proxy in ipf4 does not, at least not on sparc/sparc64.
> Surely fixing the problems in ipf3 didn't require breaking the
> functionality? After all, it still works on i386.

I think you're missing mine. ipf4 has great improvements over ipf3, so going
back to ipf3 isn't an option. You say "it worked in ipf3 so looking at the
changes between 3 and 4 it should be possible to see where it's broken".
The problem is that the changes between 3 and 4 are so large that spotting the
change that cause the problem isn't obvious.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>