Subject: Re: ath(4) rate choices for 'bss' in IBSS mode
To: Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/24/2004 13:45:11
On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 05:52:04PM -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:
> The bug is actually that ath_tx_start should check for multicast frames and
> use a rate appropriate for control frames.

FWIW, ieee80211_rssadapt_choose does what Sam is saying.

> Separately the rate control code in netbsd's ath driver appears to be old.  I
> recently split rate control out in the linux version of the driver so
> alternate rate control algorithms can be used w/o changing the driver (they
> are packaged as independent modules).

Presumably that is on the WPA branch in madwifi?  Is there someplace
where I can subscribe to CVS commit messages for madwifi?

Traditionally I have pulled your ath and net80211 sources from FreeBSD;
I guess that I should pull directly from madwifi instead?

Dave