Subject: Loosing carrier on wm port during autoconfiguration
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Kaegi <kgc@zhwin.ch>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/31/2004 14:48:55
I have Supermicro 6023P-8R System (aka Transtec 1002) which has
Intel i82546EB Gigabit NICs onboard.

I installed NetBSD 2.0 as of last week on it and most everything
works. However, after rebooting the machine , I recognized, that
it didn't get reachable over the network again.

Every time I boot the machine, the interface looses carrier.
Looking at the LED on the NIC Port I can tell that upon reseting,
there *is* a carrier, but as soon as NetBSD detects the wm interfaces,
the LED goes off.

The switchport, the machine is connected to, is configured for 100/FDX
and also, in /etc/rc.conf, I'm setting the NIC to 100BaseTX/FDX.
But as I already said, the carrier is lost long before the actual
ifconfig command is reached.

Any ideas?

Thanks alot
Chris