Subject: Re: Aironet 350 v5 support question
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/08/2004 17:36:13
On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 05:54:32PM -0400, Jim Miller wrote:
> I would like to ask the list members for their suggestions on
> supporting the 350 with the v5 firmware.
>
> Unfortunately changing to a different card is not possible in my
> circumstance.  Is it feasable for me to attempt a backport of the
> updated an.c to 1.6.2 or has too much changed between 1.6.2 and 2.0
> for this to be worthwhile?

Jim,

It seems likely that too much has probably changed to backport an(4)
alone, however, it would probably be worthwhile to backport both an(4)
and the 802.11 framework.

Somebody wrote me privately to say that he is going to attempt a backport
of ath(4) and the 802.11 driver framework.  I will sends a "heads-up"
about your message.

BTW, I do not (yet) have a single an(4) in my possession.  I believe
Atsushi Onoe is the an(4) authority.

Dave