Subject: Re: DNS-SD in getaddrinfo()
To: Pelle Johansson <morth@morth.org>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/02/2004 08:50:03
Pelle Johansson <morth@morth.org> writes:

> I have developed an extension to getaddrinfo() implementing DNS
> service discovery as defined in RFC 2782. I believe this falls into
> the scope of that function since it's defined by RFC 3493 as this:

Applicability Statement

   In general, it is expected that SRV records will be used by clients
   for applications where the relevant protocol specification indicates
   that clients should use the SRV record. Such specification MUST
   define the symbolic name to be used in the Service field of the SRV
   record as described below. It also MUST include security
   considerations. Service SRV records SHOULD NOT be used in the absence
   of such specification.

How do you implement this?

/Johan