Subject: Re: kern/25368: crash after SADB_X_SPDFLUSH
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/16/2004 13:47:47
--Apple-Mail-14--940914837

On May 16, 2004, at 1:15 PM, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> One could make a quite cogent argument tha the kernfs interface should
> just die.  NetBSD prides itself on doing ``the right thing''; in this
> context the ``right thing'' was clearly and indisuputably to fix the
> implementation bugs in PF_KEY, not to ad-hoc invent another API.

Yah, I pretty much disagreed with adding the kernfs interface in the
first place, instead being in favor of fixing the PF_KEY socket (the
kernfs interface "addressed" a problem with the PF_KEY interface, and
Matt Thomas had some ideas at the time on how to fix PF_KEY).

--Apple-Mail-14--940914837
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-14--940914837--