Subject: Re: RFC2385 - pretty please?
To: None <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/21/2004 19:11:29
> I understand FreeBSD 4-stable has TCP MD5 signatures, with OCF offloa=
> hooks.  I had just started to look at backporting that when the NetBS=
> 2.0 release engineering team precipitously announced a rushed release=

> schedule.
>
> I'll add the code sometime after NetBSD 2.0 -- unless someone beats
> me to it.

Please note that the head on the CVS tree is as far as I know not in
any freeze mode at the moment.  You should therefore in principle be
free to commit the code to the head, of course upholding our normal
high quality standards for code committed to the tree.  Whether it can
then subsequently be pulled up to the release branch is a separate
decision, but the code *must* exist on the trunk first under any
circumstance in order to be able to even evaluate whether it would
make sense to pull it up.

As you've probably seen, the RC1 is most likely going to be postponed,
primarily due to the various IPF issues people have reported, and the
schedule may stil slip more.  Sitting on your hands (as it were) won't
make things any better with respect to the chances of getting this
feature in for 2.0, of course.

The CVS tree has already been branched; the release will be built from
code on the netbsd-2-0 CVS branch.

Regards,

- H=E5vard