Subject: Re: Multicast and PIM
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/10/2004 10:04:15
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:

> > The searches I did for pimd shows that some kernel patches were required
> > in 2001. Were they integrated since that time?
> No, but I have a patched 1.6.x source tree. Let me know if you're interested.

I am.

What about integrating this in the source tree? Is there a good reason
why these are pending patches?

Other question: In order to get through a gateway that won't do any
multicast routing (ie: anything getting on one side should go on the
other one), do I really need to run pimd? Coulnd't I just do some packet
forwarding using IPFilter?

Something like
pass in on fxp0 to fxp1 from any to 224.0.0.0/3
pass in on fxp1 to fxp0 from any to 224.0.0.0/3

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
Il y a 10 sortes de personnes dans le monde: ceux qui comprennent