Subject: rssadapt manual pages
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/28/2004 22:00:20
I am about to commit manual pages for rssadapt, the rate-adaptation
framework that I use in wi, in the hope that people will add rssadapt
support to ath, atw, and other drivers.

An ath produces more timely and plentiful information for rssadapt-style
adaptation than wi, in the form of RSSI for ACKs.  An ath also provides
finer-grained control of Tx parameters, such as the retry count. Take a
look at the tx descriptor to see what I mean. I hope that with the man
pages, someone will be able to add rssadapt to ath before I get around
to it.

atw radios would support rssadapt, too, except that I cannot reliably
get signal strength indications from them! I can provide some pointers
on how to debug that, if anybody is interested.

Dave