Subject: Re: Driver development for PRISM GT chipset
To: Alex <AlexSorg@gmx.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/09/2004 15:58:17
On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Alex wrote:
>    Intersil, ISL 3890. -, - Intersil product 0x3890 (miscellaneous network,
>    revision 0x01) at cardbus0 dev 0 function 0 not configured.
>
> As far as I know till now that means the driver is known but not in the
> kernel.

No. "not configured" means there is no driver. Might not be in your kernel
config, or may not exist at all, can't tell the difference.
The device string just tells more information and is not related to driver
existence.

> Is there driver development ongoing for the PRISM GT wireless lan chipset?

I don't know, but maybe try a -current kernel and see.

miyu% grep -i prism /usr/cvs/src-current/sys/arch/i386/conf/GENERIC
wi*     at pci? dev ? function ?        # Intersil Prism Mini-PCI (802.11b)

Dunno if that's what you have. Might not too hard to get it attaching to
your cardbus.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>