Subject: Re: tcpdump and wi(4) (was Re: ipsec, path mtu, and fragmentation)
To: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/06/2004 13:30:11
In message <20040206172700.GD31623@che.ojctech.com>, you write:

-> On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 08:22:40PM +1100, Daniel Carosone wrote:
-> > Why is tcpdump an off switch for wi(4)?
->
-> I know that through firmware revisions 1.4.9, Prism 2.5 cards do not do
-> the RTS/CTS handshake properly when promiscuous mode is on.  Perhaps your
-> client or AP has RTS/CTS enabled? See if there is any change when you
-> run tcpdump with the -p option.

I don't know if this is still the case, but I've also had issues with
tcpdump in promiscuous mode with a Lucent Orinoco Gold (can't recall
what firmware rev I had at the time) in the past.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill