Subject: Re: SLIP/serial driver Problem?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/04/2004 10:25:08
On Wednesday 04 February 2004 08:43 am, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> As has already been pointed out, PPP is too big for the install
> kernels, which is a good enough reason to keep SLIP around, IMHO.

That is a good reason ... but beyond that, I'm still currently using SLIP to
talk to my pc532 machine and I've not been able to get PPP working.  I can do
PPP on other i386 to i386 links, but my i386 to pc532 link has some problem
that causes PPP to not work.   Since SLIP works great for my needs, I have
seen no reason to try to figure out the PPP problem.

I don't have any on -current, so I can't talk to recent versions of SLIP, but
I don't want to see SLIP removed.

--Phil