Subject: VT6102 Problem
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Kilpatrick <andrew@andrewkilpatrick.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/16/2004 16:34:44
Hi,

I'm developing a theatre lighting controller product using NetBSD
and a VIA EPIA Mini-ITX motherboard. So far NetBSD has been nothing
but a pleasure every step of the way. My only concern is with the
ethernet drivers for the VT6102 ethernet controller that is built
into my board.

I saw some changes to the vr0 code so I moved from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2_RC3
but am still have troubles. The problems are like this:

- often very slow (<100K/s) transfers
- network hangs when doing certain things (like resuming a screen
  session over ssh) - ifconfig vr0 down up fixes it
- erratic performance

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm set to show this product
in a couple of months and would like to have some of the network
components working as well as the main part of the app.

Cheers,

Andrew