Subject: Re: PPPOE Server
To: Christophe Prevotaux <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/15/2003 16:50:58
On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 12:17:43PM +0100, Christophe Prevotaux wrote:
> Is there such a thing as a PPPOE server in NetBSD ?

I use pkgsrc/net/rp-pppoe successfully as a server.

As already has been mentioned, in -current you can use the in-kernel server
code, which is a good start to a high performance server - but slightly
restricted in features. The rp-pppoe server is pretty featurefull, but due
to being a userland implementation places a lot more load on your machine.

Boosting our in-kernel stuff into a full-grown server with all bells and
whistles is one of my pet projects - but probably (due to missing needs) will
never happen unless someone is willing to pay for it - or implement it
himself and only asks for guidance.

Martin