Subject: Re: netipsec/ipsec6.h prototype changes for NetBSD/FreeBSD diffs
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/20/2003 13:52:53
On Nov 20, 2003, at 1:47 PM, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> I think you missed the words "GCC dialect of C".  Yes, GCC *is* within
> the c99 rules by making this change, but it *is* also a change over
> the accepted, relied-upon[*] GCC behaviour in gcc 1.x and gcc 2.x.  If
> I'd gotten a report about it for gc 1., I'd have accepted it as a bug,
> and I beleive RMS would have too. Thats all I'm saying.

If you break the alias rules, you get undefined behavior, and that's
really always been the case.

In any case, I'm pretty sure your inpcb_hdr stuff will work alright,
since it is not really any different that what we do with "struct
device" (though I think we're going to have to look into addressing the
struct device issue in the not-distant future).