Subject: Re: PR misc/23431 (CARP)
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael Hertrick <m.hertrick@neovera.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/14/2003 20:50:28
Itojun, that change was IPv6 specific.  I'm using IPv4.

I'm fairly certain now, after some debugging, that the problem is where
the carp_header, ch, is populated in the carp_input function.  OpenBSD's
code does this:

ch = (void *)ip + iplen;

When I tried to use that the compiler complained about using 'void *' in
arithmetic, so I changed it to something apparently incorrect.  I've
tried numerous different ways of representing that statement, and in all
cases probably mis-representing that statement; causing the myriad of
"invalid hash", "invalid version", etc... error messages.

I'm really at a loss here.  Would someone mind taking a look at that
function?

Thanks,
~Mike.