Subject: kern/22792 gif and routing
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/15/2003 12:16:51
kern/22792 deals with gif(4) failing when the underlying interface
is temporarily down and the gif driver caches a wrong route.

Can anyone please have a look at kern/22792 ? While I now understand
the problem I am uncertain on which way to go.

The stf driver has a similar problem, but it will recompute the
cached route whenever it is reconfigured.
The gif driver will only recompute the cached route when the destination
of the tunnel changes _and_ a packet is sent through the gif interface.

Neither is really useful, the drivers should know when the cached routes
are superseded by more specific routes.

Suggestions ?

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de