Subject: Re: Fw: Re: tcp connections lost on interface down
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/24/2003 14:46:36
On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 06:20:58PM -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:
> On Saturday, August 23, 2003, at 07:12 AM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> >On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 08:35:36PM +0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> >I don't have a problem with the socket being notified of such events.
> >I do if the socket use it to drop connections.
>
> The change that I put in does not change the socket state, it only
> deposits an error into the socket and wakes it up.  At that point it
> simply up to the owner of the socket to exit or not.

The problem is that this caused most applications to exit (and the ones that
don't exit are have probably a broken error handling.
Having to change all applications to get back the old behavior is very
annoying, especially since I think the old behavior is the right one :)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>