Subject: Re: 802.11 vs. NFS?
To: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
From: Tom Spindler <dogcow@babymeat.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/06/2003 16:44:51
> 	Anybody out there have good experience running NFS over 802.11?
> 	My experience so far has been that even with read and write sizes
> 	tweaked down *significantly* (I haven't tried 1k yet, 2k still has
> 	issues), at some point the mount just hangs.  With the default of
> 	hard mounts, any processes looking at that FS (including df, etc.)
> 	hang in disk-wait.

I first experienced this on a _wired_ connection between my laptop
and desktop when I went from 1.5 to 1.6. I think that the problem
was in the IRQ routing in the laptop in some shape or form.

I ultimately "fixed" the problem by just putting everything up with
httpd, since nobody had any idea as to why this would happen. :-/