Subject: Re: 802.11 vs. NFS?
To: None <christos@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/06/2003 13:57:32
In message <HJ7L4r.3nA@tac.nyc.ny.us>, you write:

-> In article <200308061726.h76HQZji015435@fearless-vampire-killer.waterside.ne
-> t>,
-> Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com> wrote:
-> >Folks:
-> >	Anybody out there have good experience running NFS over 802.11?
-> >	My experience so far has been that even with read and write sizes
-> >	tweaked down *significantly* (I haven't tried 1k yet, 2k still has
-> >	issues), at some point the mount just hangs.  With the default of
-> >	hard mounts, any processes looking at that FS (including df, etc.)
-> >	hang in disk-wait.
[...]
->
-> I run fine with 1K.

Is this supposed to imply it didn't work with read/write sizes above that?
The fact that it was likely fragmentation-related only came to me when I
sent off the mail, else I would have tried the 1k size myself first :-)

Thx,
--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill