Subject: Re: Allowing large PPPoE frames
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/03/2003 22:28:25
On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 08:31:25PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> The ISP doesn't want to change the MTU on their LNS to 1492 because it
> would impact all users not using an ethernet ADSL modem (USB or PCI modems,
> ADSL routers).

So this ISP makes it impossible to use the ADSL modem within the relavant
standards. That's ... not very clever.

And I still don't see why the PPPoE customers couldn't have a proper flag
in the radius database to negotiate a smaller MTU (or whatever implementation
would be needed in their setup).

But I think we are quite off-topic here now, so lets just drop this part of
the thread.

Martin