Subject: Re: PF for netbsd
To: Darren Reed <avalon@caligula.anu.edu.au>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/28/2003 07:15:03
>> >Looking at ALTQ from KAME (I just did a cvs update from kame), there
>> >is currently no use of m_tag that is found in the OpenBSD source.
>> >Is this because changes are still pending being pulled up into KAME
>> >from OpenBSD to support this ?
>> 	you have to look at kame/openbsd tar.gz, not under kame/sys/altq.
>> 	the latter is obsolete.
>Do you want to expand on this change in how KAME development is
>proceeding or do we have to guess about what's going on ?
>
>kame/kame/sys/altq shows changes as recent as June 27 but this is
>obsolete, you say ?  Why ?

	these months ALTQ development has been done on openbsd primarily
	(openbsd hackerthon, kjc-PF collaboration), and openbsd/sys/altq has
	the latest piece of software.  kame/sys/altq is still there
	(and distributed in tarballs) but is obsolete.

	our plan is:
	- make kame/sys/net/pf* portable (netbsd done, freebsd still to go)
	- move content of openbsd/sys/altq to kame/sys/altq, put #ifdef for
	  portability
	so, to provide PF+ALTQ on all platforms (free/net/open) is what we're
	targetting.

itojun