Subject: Re: in-kernel PPPoE server (include patch)
To: Masaru OKI <oki@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/12/2003 10:30:01
On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 09:24:15AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
>  - When incoming connections are enabled (you did that with the "passive"
>    interface by searching all pppoe* interfaces, a sysctl could do it as
>    well)

Actually a sysctl sounds good to me, it should not be a binary but the number
of incoming PPPoE connections allowed.

>  - When userland ACKs the authentication, the interface continues as usual,
>    but is marked as "auto destory on LCP down". When LCP terminates, the
>    interface is destroyed.

At this point the userland daemon should also tell the pppoe interface
about the possible address ranges the IP*CP should be allowed to negotiate
and other PPP data, like DNS addresses.

Martin