Subject: Re: Take #3 - final proposed patch for ipsec/bpf/ipfilter integration
To: Darren Reed <avalon@caligula.anu.edu.au>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/14/2003 22:01:02
	Darren Reed <avalon@caligula.anu.edu.au> said:

> While it's good and well to say this, lets look at the reality of the
> situation.  If you go through "struct ifnet" you will find a number of
> fields or bits defined for things that are explicitly related to IP.
> So to bring up that sort of argument at this point in the history of
> IP in the BSD kernel is really a bit late.  Technically, you are correct
> but practically, I do not think this is a major concern.

Which structure member are you talking about here?

Currently, if_capabilities, if_capenable, if_csum_flags_{tx,rx} are
used only for IP related purpose.
But these members are not limited for IP. Other protocol can use these
members too, if underlying hardware supports that protocol.

Or, are you talking about other member?
If so, which one?
--
soda