Subject: V.44 questions
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joe Cucuzza <Joe.Cucuzza@oh.usda.gov>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/28/2003 08:24:21
Hello

I found this address following a technical question link.  I apologize
if I am intruding.

I have a few questions about V.92 & V.44.

Will the V.44 technology work at the end user level if the modems in the
network path do not support V.92 & V.44?  I am considering replacing the
modems for the end user's laptop computers.  I doubt that the modems in
the upstream have V.92 & V.44 capabilities.  Naturally, the modems for
the end user would have V.92.

I believe that it should work.  The compression looks like it occurs,
and then the packets are sent out.  Is there any other information on
V.44 besides the white paper?  The white paper I found seems very basic
& I am no expert on the subject!

Thanks

Joe Cucuzza