Subject: Re: Non-IPSec Processing Point for ipf
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/18/2003 15:53:37
    Andrew> interesting.  you are actually in a situation where you are using
    Andrew> ipsec to obscure yet do not trust the other party?  why waste
    Andrew> time on
    Andrew> ipsec?  i assume from this, that ah would not help at all.

  1) Trust is not binary.

  2) I may trust party (a) differently than party (b), and I need to make
     sure that they do not impersonate each other.

  3) IPsec is not just about VPNs. Many applications of it terminate the
     SA *in front* of the firewalling, not use IPsec to except the packets
     from the firewall. This is what this thread is about.