Subject: Re: [Fwd: scsi card]
To: Rene Burke <reneb@cat.co.za>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/15/2003 10:34:17
On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Rene Burke wrote:

> Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> > On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Rene Burke wrote:
>

> >>I was wondering if any one has used the "Adaptec 3920D-R " SCSI card
> >>with NetBSD 1.51 or 1.6. This card is to be used for a mass storage Easy
> >>Raid system. On my system the kernel picks up the device but does not
> >>configure it. Is this card supported by Netbsd?
> >>

> > ...unless you know exactly what model controller IC the card uses...we
> > would need to see the output of kernel dmesg.  can you boot install media,
> > config the network, and copy the ouput.
> >
> > Did you search the mailing list archives?
> >
> > -lava
>

> Hi Brian
>
> The controller IC has a white sticker  on it with the following
> ASC-39320D Nr
>
> dmesg output:
>
> Adaptec (2nd PCI Vender ID) product 0x8091 (RAID mass storage, revision
> 0x03) at pci2 dev 10 function 0 not configured.
> Adaptec (2nd PCI Vender ID) product 0x8011 (RAID mass storage, revision
> 0x03) at pci2 dev 10 function 1 not configured.

http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?aac++NetBSD-current

...this thread might be better off elsewhere (port-i386@netbsd.org most
likely)

-lava

>  > can you boot install media,
>  > config the network, and copy the ouput.
> I'm not to sure what you mean by "boot install media"
>
>  >
>  > Did you search the mailing list archives?
> Yes I did a search on Adaptec 3920D-R and I got no results.
>
> Cheers Rene

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

PGP: E7B2 5A30 0F61 2ECD AF34  7E88 CC30 8B95 EE0B 4D5C

"Microsoft Windoze: 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."