Subject: Re: [Fwd: scsi card]
To: Rene Burke <reneb@cat.co.za>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/15/2003 07:58:31
On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Rene Burke wrote:

> Hi
>
> I sent this to the netbsd-help list with no response. Perhaps there is
> someone on this list who can help me.
>
> Thanks Rene
>

> Hi
>
> I was wondering if any one has used the "Adaptec 3920D-R " SCSI card
> with NetBSD 1.51 or 1.6. This card is to be used for a mass storage Easy
> Raid system. On my system the kernel picks up the device but does not
> configure it. Is this card supported by Netbsd?

...unless you know exactly what model controller IC the card uses...we
would need to see the output of kernel dmesg.  can you boot install media,
config the network, and copy the ouput.

Did you search the mailing list archives?

-lava

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks Rene

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

PGP: E7B2 5A30 0F61 2ECD AF34  7E88 CC30 8B95 EE0B 4D5C

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged demo."