Subject: GIF tunnel setup help
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew White <Andrew.E.White@motorola.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/08/2003 18:12:31
Can someone assist with gif tunnel setup under NetBSD 1.6.

I'd like to do the following:

  Host-A ---- Router-B ======== Router-C ----- Host-D

Where there is a gif tunnel from Router-B to Router-C.

However, despite my best efforts, I cannot get connection from Host-A to
Host-D.  Router-B can ping Router-C and Host-D.  Router-C can ping Router-B
and Host-A.  Further, Host-A can ping Router-C's gif endpoint.

However, when Host-A pings either Host-D or any non-gif interface on
Router-C, tcpdump says the packets from Router-B enter Router-C's external
interface, but never appear again.  It seems that if the source or
destination is not the gif endpoint, the packets are not delivered at the
destination.

Any ideas?  How-Tos?

--
Andrew White                Andrew.E.White@motorola.com