Subject: Re: Building IP-login (ipfw or what)
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Petter Lindquist <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/04/2003 16:06:47
On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Alan Barrett wrote:

> Perhaps you are under the mistaken impression that "iplogin" is a
> well-defined term that you don't have to explain?

So it was. In the university world of .se-land everyone knows what
"iplogin" is, but all the others use bifrost (linux) for that.

> > > Yes.  See the ipfw.conf(5) man page, and search for the word 'insert'=
=2E
> > ipfw is not ipf.
>
> Sorry, there was a typo in my message, but if you make the obvious
> correction and search for the word 'insert' in the ipf.conf(5) man page,

I was under the impression that this wasn't possible with ipf, but I stand
corrected, very happily too!

> Delete rule number 3:
>
>     root# ipfstat -ln -i | grep '^@3 ' | ipf -r -f -

enough to grep out the ip-adresse here in my case.

Thanks a lot! You've saved my day! (perhaps several weeks)

--=20
/P=E5llen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen