Subject: IPv6 autoconfiguration problem
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Mikael Melen <Jan.Melen@iki.fi>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/01/2003 22:19:11
Hi!

I have NetBSD 1.6.1RC3 installed and I noticed following behaviour in
autoconfiguration. The autoconfigured addresses dissapears every once
and a while for a few seconds. What I noticed was that this happens
every time the address has been configured for a valid life time
although the host has received a number of router advertisements during
this time.

E.g. if I have configured at my IPv6 router in rtadv.conf following:
xl0: \
   :addrs#1:addr="2ffe:300:20:3e00::":vltime#60:pltime:30: \
   :maxinterval#4:mininterval#3:rltime#60:

With this advertisement configuration the autoconfgured addresses will
dissapear from NetBSD hosts every 60 seconds for a few seconds until the
next router advertisement arrives.

I have seen this behaviour in 1.6 and 1.6.1RC3. Has anyone else seen
anything like this and does anyone know if there is some workaround or a
existing pr?

B.R. Jan