Subject: Re: interrupt rate from a NIC
To: Kamal R Prasad <kamalrpr@in.ibm.com>
From: Nikolay Denev <nike_d@cytexbg.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/06/2003 12:04:36
AFAIK The interrupt rate depends on the traffic that passess thru your NIC.
But not that much from the bandwidth, than the packet rate. High rate of
small packets will probably be able to saturate a slower machine.
I've seen situations that the local console is completely "frozen" by that.

P.S.: You should also take into account the firewall, if you are running
any.
Optimizing your ruleset can greately reduce the load.