Subject: Re: illegal network routes and a ponderance
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/22/2003 01:28:43
>>> Sendmail, relay checks.
>> Ugh, good point.  And - at least in the code I just looked at, which
>> admittedly is probably not the most recent - sendmail doesn't
>> disable any source-route option that's present.
> what kind of source routing are you talking about here?

LSRR or SSRR options in the packet that initiates the TCP connection.

> if it's ip source routing, then sendmail will detect it and stuff a
> warning into the headers.

Where is the code for this?  I must have missed it (or perhaps it just
isn't there in the version I looked at) - though admittedly I was
looking for code to _kill_ LSRR/SSRR options, not to merely _notice_
them.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign