Subject: Re: illegal network routes and a ponderance
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20030218T160614@wsrcc.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/18/2003 16:11:53
> D) This sort of routing arrangement violates all of the fundamental Internet
>    Standards _and_ plain, ordinary common sense.

;-)

That was my first reaction too.  On second thoughts it dawned on me
that this was effectively what point-to-point links do all the time.
They simply associate two (possibly arbitrary) IP addresses to each
endpoint.  Allowing a point-to-point mode for ethernets shouldn't
screw up the routing tables (or the normal ethenet code).

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/

(NOTE: The email address above is valid.  Edit it at your own peril.)