Subject: Re: Getting a WMP-11 wireless card to work with an Alpha
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org,>
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.demon.co.uk>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/03/2003 15:41:57
On tech-net, Chris Collet wrote:
>     I'm trying to get a Prism2.5 based Linksys WMP11 wireless PCI card to work with my Alphastation 200. I added an entry for a wi device on the pci bus, but it appears to time out while trying to initialize it:
>
> wi0 at pci0 dev 13 function 0: Intersil Prism2.5 Wireless Lan
> wi0: interrupting at isa irq 14
> wi0:wi0: timeout in wi_seek to fce0/0
> wi0: command timed out, cmd=0x21, arg=0xfc01
>  could not get mac address, attach failed
> wi0: failed to attach controller

Just put a SCM ISA PCMCIA adapter in my PC164LX.  PCMCIA CF and modem cards
appear to work fine.  However, when I put in a Linksys WPC11 card in, I see :

  wi0 at pcmcia0 function0: The Linksys Group, Inc., Instant Wireless Network PC Card, ISL37300RevA
  wi0: port 0x400-0x43f
  wi0: record read mismatch, rid=fc01, got=0
   could not get mac address, attach failed
  wi0: failed to attach controller

So, I guess that the wi driver doesn't (yet) work on alphas.  At a guess, the
problem is in wi_read_bap() in wi.c.

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/