Subject: RE: BIND 9 Plans
To: 'NetBSD Tech-Net \(E-mail\)' <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Conrad T. Pino <Conrad@Pino.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/27/2002 07:55:58
Hi Chris,

I've been looking at pkgsrc and the wealth of choices is
part of my quandary.  The case for avoid BIND 4 is clear
to me.  The decision to transition from 8 to 9 is still
a judgment call and I don't the needed experience as yet.

1. Why did you choose to use BIND 9 now rather than wait
for NetBSD to adopt it in the distribution?

2. Do you know why BIND 9 isn't part of the distribution?

3. Does the distribution's chosen version state an opinion
on the technical merits versus the latest BIND version?

Conrad