Subject: BIND 9 Plans
To: NetBSD Tech-Net \(E-mail\) <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Conrad T. Pino <Conrad@Pino.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/27/2002 07:35:13
Hi all,

The current NetBSD 1.6 binary distribution contains
BIND 8.3.3, the src distribution contains BIND 8.3.4

The Internet Software Consortium (ISC) is definitely
pushing BIND 9 and discouraging use of BIND 8.

I'm interested in the best combination of stability
and security available for BIND.  I'm using NetBSD
to implement a combined router/firewall/DNS server.

I would like to hear current plans and opinions on
BIND 9 from the NetBSD technical community.  Please
feel free to email me directly or through tech-net
mailing list.

TIA,

Conrad