Subject: Re: switching from bind8 to bind9
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/16/2002 20:50:04
[ On Sunday, November 17, 2002 at 10:41:30 (+0900), Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: switching from bind8 to bind9
>
> 	understood.  but still, is it okay to deploy stuff into
> 	usr.sbin/bind9 and dist/bind9?  i don't want to lose this reachover
> 	Makefiles.
> 	(i mean, deploy bind9 code, but don't switch usr.sbin/Makefile
> 	until we get more consensus)

That sounds like a good way to at least get the process started.

However didn't you mention that your build framework was based on the
next release's first candidate?  I haven't been paying close attention
to this upcoming BIND-9 release cycle, but given past history I'm not
sure it makes sense to start out with a release candidate.  I guess it
won't hurt to put rc1 on the trunk, but is there any real advantage to
prototyping with it over the current release (9.2.1)?

--
								Greg A. Woods