Subject: Re: aue device problem
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Ivar Skjoerseter <ivarhs@hotmail.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/16/2002 18:22:52
I have now enabled acphy and ukphy in the kernel but it still doesnt work.
Enabling acphy made the "not configured"-messages to dissapear,
but nothing more. Still down have any link light, but when i connect/
disconnect the cable from the ether port status in ifconfig changes between
active and "no carrier".

After leting this device being connected to a network for some time,
the console startet to show these messages in a "loop fashion":

<CUT>
aue0: 248 usb errors on rx: IOERROR
aue0: 250 usb errors on rx: IOERROR
aue0: 249 usb errors on rx: IOERROR
</CUT>

Very irritating, so i disconnected the D-Link adapter. The kernel
than went into debugmode (db>) with the following message:

<CUT>
usb_detach_wait: aue0 didn't detach
aue0 detached
uvm_fault(0xc03c56c0, 0x0, 0, 1) -> e
kernel: page fault trap, code=0
Stopped in pid 3 (usbtask) at usbd_free_xfer+0x24: movl 0x2c(%eax), %eax
</CUT>

Suggestions what can be wrong ?

Regards ...
Ivar