Subject: Re: rtsol rtk0 fails
To: None <gillham@vaultron.com, tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Ryo HAYASAKA <ryoh@jaist.ac.jp>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/14/2002 20:56:04
In message <20021112154625.A11995@flash.vaultron.com>,
Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com> wrote:

> I have a box with a Realtek 8139 and 'rtsol rtk0' fails to configure IPv6.
> If I fire up a tcpdump it works.  If I pass '-p' to tcpdump it does not work.
> This is on NetBSD/i386 -current from November 5.
>
> So apparently the rtk driver is not correctly receiving the IPv6 rtadvd
> packet unless it is in promiscuous mode.
>
> Has anyone else seen this, or used a Realtek with rtadvd/rtsold recently?

Yes, I have had the exactly same experience.  But I can use rtk with
IPv6 now.  It is fine.

Although rtk cannot receive multicast packets from rtadvd at the time
immediately after booting up, it can do them and be configured with
IPv6 within a few minutes.

Is this some kinds of a timing problem?

--
Ryo HAYASAKA <ryoh@jaist.ac.jp>
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST)