Subject: Re: kern/3508 bug: cached ip route and interface up/down.
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Tad Hunt <tad@entrisphere.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/12/2002 17:17:50
Ah!

-Tad

In message <200211130103.UAA25883@Sparkle.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>, you said:
;> Unless I'm mistaken, glancing over rtrequest1(), I think the code
;> already does this.  When the more specific route is deleted, the
;> rt_entry referenced by the cache has its RTF_UP cleared and this is
;> noticed in ip_output().
;
;I'm not so sure.  How is the cached route located and where is its
;RTF_UP cleared?  The route being deleted has its RTF_UP cleared, but
;that's not the one ipforward_rt points to; unless the route is to a /32
;or the packet is to the all-0 host portion, it can't be - the cached
;route always has the exact /32 as its destination.
;
;...Or Am I Missing Something?
;
;/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
;\ / Ribbon Campaign
; X  Against HTML	       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca
;/ \ Email!	     7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B