Subject: Re: zero-copy tcp
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: None <skrueger@europe.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/12/2002 04:28:05
>> I'm programming my own HTTP daemon,
>> and I'd like it to take advantage of the NetBSD zero-copy tcp.
>> I've already made it to mmap() the file, and then write() it,
>> but does this mean it automatically takes advantage of zero-copy?
>> The original post
>> (http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2002/05/02/0016.html)
>> does mention that writes have to be big enough,
>> when exactly is big enough? 4096? 8192?
>> It would be convenient to know how to implement it,
>> and what the limits are for it to be activated, etc

> Right now, "big enough" is 4K.
> mmap+write should do precisely what you want.

What about "options SOSEND_LOAN"? Isn't this needed in anyones favorite kernel config, too? Has this been made the default in NetBSD-current? What about those sosend* syscalls? Aren't they needed? For what are they for?

best regards,
SK
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Single & ready to mingle? lavalife.com:  Where singles click. Free to Search!
http://www.lavalife.com/mailcom.epl?a=2116