Subject: Re: Updating arp(8) to use getifaddrs (cf. bin/8566)
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/07/2002 09:28:36
In message <20021107091735.A14586@noc.untraceable.net>, Andrew writes:

-> using SIOCGIFCONF is like implementing des.  sure it's tedious (with
-> all those one and two bit rotates, and the "random" bit swapping) but
-> you can do it, and once you've done it, you can do it again easily.

True, OTOH, like DES, there probably isn't much of a point to each
program that needs to use SIOCGIFCONF to implement all the tedium
and drugery itself, if for no other reason than avoiding duplication
of code.  's why we have libdes, to use your example 8-)

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill