Subject: Re: Intel Gigabit 0x100e not configured
To: Petter Lindquist <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/02/2002 14:18:30
On Sat, 2 Nov 2002, Petter Lindquist wrote:
> Just got new computer at work. Dell optiplex GX260. With onboard intel
> gigabit with id 0x100e. Our wm driver supports no more than 0x100d so far.
> I read that the fbsd em-driver supports this chip. How far are we from
> porting/rewriting that one? Is there something I could do? (No, I don't
> even know where to start looking. Just adding the device id to the driver
> didn't help.)

You're running 1.6, right? Seems not everything of the wm driver was
pulled up from -current to 1.6, so that card isn't supported. I ran into
exactly the same problem a few days ago, also on an Dell Optiplex.

There is a pullup request at http://releng.netbsd.org/req/req.cgi?show=954
that might eventually get the driver on the tree. (If someone in releng
isn't picky enough to not bitch about the "right format" of the pullup
request...)

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html