Subject: Re: proposal: API for Host AP Daemons
To: None <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/18/2002 10:32:31
> When a STA sends a Reassociate Request to an AP, it is necessary for
> the AP to confirm that the STA is already associated with an AP in the
> ESS. The Reassociate Request contains a Current BSSID. Call the recipient
> of the Request, the New AP, and its BSSID, the New BSSID.

OK.  I'm afraid how firm these API can be defined generally enough.

How about adding a knob to disable any state transitions within kernel,
and "Host AP daemon" will receive and send all management frames via bpf?
It requires to duplicate code from kernel to the daemon, but it will
provide full flexibility as best as we can offer for future development
and experiment.

Atsushi Onoe