Subject: Re: Is the epic driver broken on 1.6 ?
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jerome Sobecki <sobek@chopin.sis.pasteur.fr>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/09/2002 17:16:46
On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 07:39:30AM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> Eeek.  This definitely sounds like speed/duplex mismatch.  What do the LEDs
> on the card indicate?

The problem appear even if we force duplex on the router (I don't remember
if we tried to force speed)...
In fact, the ftp connection (at least) is 'by block', that is to say there are
alternatively periods when the card works around 500kb (sometimes a little more)
and the computer is then pingable, and period when the card is blocked
(computer is not pingable and LED doesn't react anymore). It doesn't look to
have real periodicity in this, but working period doesn't exceed 2 or 3 seconds
in general.

> Anyway, I'll put my epic board into a machine and try it out soon'ish.  In
> the mean time, can you please file a bug report with send-pr(1) so that this
> doesn't get dropped in the cracks?

Ok.
I just wanted to know if it was a known problem before (I didn't found anyfing
in tech-net archives, but we never know) just not to duplicate PR on the
same subject

Thanks

--
Jerome Sobecki